Chocolate Hazelnut (Nutella) Cheesecake
This fool-proof cheesecake will have heads turning!
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 6 tbsp. Melted Butter (unsalted)
- 5 – 8 oz. blocks Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella (or any chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups (12 oz.) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp. Nutella (or any chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Chocolate Bar Shavings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- In a bowl, combine all crust ingredients.
- Press into bottom and sides of 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 350º F.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add chocolate-hazelnut spread and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until cake is almost set.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chocolate shavings.
- Spread over cake.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula or knife, run along edges of the cake.
- Cool for an additional hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top of the cake.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😀