Sausage and Polenta Casserole
A great Italian-style treat!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large pot, add onions and sausage. Cook until sausage is no longer pink and drain.
- Add tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In the same pot, bring water and chicken stock to a boil.
- Add corn meal and whisk constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese.
- Add half of polenta to bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been prepared with cooking spray.
- Layer as follows: half of meat sauce, half of mozzarella cheese, remaining polenta, remaining meat sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎