Corn Bread Taco Bake
Another piece of comfort on a cozy day.
- 2 lbs. Ground Meat (Turkey, Beef, or a mixture of both)
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 2 1 oz. packages of Taco Seasoning
- 8 oz. can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 8.5 oz package of Corn Muffin mix (and all ingredients needed to make it)
- 1 1/3 cups French Fried Onions
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Brown beef over the stovetop. Drain.
- Add bell pepper, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer over low heat.
- Prepare corn muffin mix, and add 2/3 cup french fried onions.
- Pour meat filling into 2 quart casserole dish, and spread corn muffin mix on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until corn bread is done.
- Top corn bread with the remaining 2/3 cup french fried onions and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden brown.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎