This vegetarian dish is hearty and out of this world!
- 3 Egg Plants
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 4 cups Pasta Sauce
- Salt/Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Slice egg plant into 1/2 inch thick pieces and place onto two baking sheets.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the egg plant half way through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, prepare bread crumb topping by combining bread crumbs, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tbsp. parmesan, and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, prepare cheese filling by combining ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tbsp. parmesan, and black pepper.
- Once egg plant is done, lower oven to 350º F.
- Add one cup of pasta sauce to bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been prepared with cooking spray.
- Layer as follows: half of eggplant, one cup of pasta sauce, all of the cheese filling, one cup of pasta sauce, remainder of eggplant, remainder of pasta sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, all of bread crumb mixture.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then for another 15 minutes uncovered.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎