This is a gingerbread that can be enjoyed year-round!
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp. All Spice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Softened Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Molasses
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter, sugar and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer at low speed until creamy.
- Combine boiling water and molasses until dissolved.
- In another bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Rotate between mixing dry ingredients and molasses mixture into the wet ingredients until all ingredients are consumed.
- Pour batter in greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎