Lemon Cake Doughnuts
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup. Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup (1 Stick) softened Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Confectioner’s Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1-2 drops Yellow Food Coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar for about 2 minutes until it is fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
- Rotate between adding the sour cream mixture and the dry ingredients until well blended and no ingredients remain.
- Add to doughnut pan, filling just under the rim. To make this easier, use a piping or freezer bag.
- Bake for 20 minutes minutes.
- While cooling, whisk up the glaze.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎