Stovetop Pot Roast
Nothing beats a hot pot roast!
- 1 to 2 lb. Beef Pot Roast
- 2 Onions (Any type)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp. Basil
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Carrots
- 8 Red Potatoes
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Sake (or Wine/Water)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Season beef liberally on both sides with salt, pepper and any other desired seasonings.
- Add oil to large pan and sear all sides of the meat.
- Quarter one onion and add to pan around roast.
- Add bay leaf, basil, and enough water to just cover the roast.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for one and a half hours.
- Remove top and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add garlic, honey, pepper, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and sake and whisk together.
- Quarter the potatoes and the other onion and add to pan along with carrots.
- Top with honey sauce.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎