Slow Cooker Texas Chili
A nice bowl of chili ready to be your warm hug after a long day.
- 2 lbs. Ground Meat (Turkey, Beef, or a mixture of both)
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 5-6 cloves of Garlic
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 8 oz. cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 10 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 5 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. Salt (to taste)
- Brown beef over the stovetop. Drain.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours, or Low for 6-8 hours.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎
If I add an extra pound of ground beef would I have to add more tomato sauce or anything?
Maybe I’d probably add another can of either sauce or diced tomatoes. It all depends on the texture of chili that you’re going for. 🙂