Hawaiian Luau Chicken
A quick an easy island trip – without the fees.
- 2 lbs. Chicken
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch (approx.)
- Marinate chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) in refrigerator for at least one hour in a mixture of pineapple juice and soy sauce. You want just enough to cover the meat. I used 1/2 cup pineapple juice and 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- Drain chicken and dredge in corn starch.
- Add oil of choice to pan and apply medium heat.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add 1 cup pineapple juice, 1/3 cup soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Add chicken to pan and coat in sauce. Simmer until the chicken is reheated. Can be served over rice or eaten alone.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎