Asian-style Lemon Chicken
Forget take-out; get in on this!
- 2 lbs. Chicken
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch (approx.)
- Green Onion (optional)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- Marinate chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) in refrigerator for at least one hour in a mixture of lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Drain chicken and dredge in corn starch.
- Add oil of choice to pan and apply medium heat.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan, add to a bowl, and garnish with green onion.
- In a medium sauce pan, add sugar, chicken stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, add corn starch and cold water to make a slurry.
- Drop temperature to low and add corn starch mixture to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Toss chicken in bowl with desired amount of sauce. Serve over rice.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎