Beef Enchilada Casserole
Yummy lazy enchiladas!
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 20 oz. Enchilada Sauce
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 8 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Tortillas (up to 18)
- 2 cups Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a pan, add beef and onions and cook until beef is browned.
- Add enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and chili powder. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, prepare cheese filling by combining ricotta and egg.
- Preheat oven 375º F.
- Add layer of tortillas (approx. 6) to bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been prepared with cooking spray.
- Layer as follows: 1/3 of Monterrey jack cheese, all of the cheese filling, 1/3 of meat sauce, and tortillas. Do two more times, consuming all ingredients.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake for 45 minutes uncovered.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎