These vegan/vegetarian sandwiches make a healthy and filling meal!
- 4 Green Onions
- 2-3 tbsp. Fresh Mint
- 16 oz. Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) (rinsed/drained)
- 2 tbsp. Parsley
- 1/2 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- Any desired toppings (ex. tomato, cucumber, yogurt, lettuce, salt/pepper)
- Combine ingredients in a food processor to form falafel dough.
- Form 8-10 3-inch patties out of the prepared dough.
- Add about 2 tbsp. Olive oil to a pan and cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side on medium heat.
- Place two patties into a pita along with any desired toppings.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎