José’s Tuna Salad
This delicious tuna salad is curated by Chef José Andrés.
- 2 cans José Andrés White Tuna in Olive Oil
- José Andrés Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 12-inch French Baguettes
- 1⁄2 lb. minced Shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced Chives
- 1⁄4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 stalks, thinly sliced Scallions
- 2 peeled Hard-boiled eggs
- 4 quartered Piparras chile peppers (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Slice the baguettes in half lengthwise and brush the cut sides with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up, and bake in the oven until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tuna and gently break it up with a fork. Add the shallot, chives, mayonnaise and scallions and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Slice the hard-boiled and assemble onto the bottom half of each toasted baguette. Spread the tuna salad on top of the hard-boiled eggs, followed by the quarters of Piparras chiles and then the top halves of the baguette.
- Cut each baguette into two pieces and place each half on four separate plates to serve.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎