A lovely twist on lasagna!
- 8 oz. Lasagna Noodles
- 1 lb. Ground Lamb (or Beef)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Feta Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 oz. Sliced Black Olives
- Prepare pasta and set aside.
- In a pan, add beef and onions and cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, cinnamon, and wine. Bring to a boil. Lower temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, corn starch, pepper, and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add parmesan cheese. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven 350º F.
- Add layer of noodles (approx. 3) to bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been prepared with cooking spray.
- Layer as follows after noodles: 1/3 of meat sauce, 1/3 of cheese sauce, 1/3 of olives, 1/3 of feta cheese, and 1/3 of mozzarella. Do two more times, consuming all ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎