Key Lime Squares
A nice twist on a classic dessert!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Confectioner’s Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Butter (cold)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- Zest of 1 Lime, or 2 Key Limes
- 3/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Lime Extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup Half-and-Half
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, combine crust ingredients, using a pastry blender for the butter, until crumbly.
- Spread and press crust into bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Mix together all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over crust.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Garnish with confectioner’s powdered sugar. Store remaining squares in the refrigerator.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎