Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
Another Southern favorite!
- 1 lb. Dried Kidney Beans or 3 15 oz. cans
- 1 lb. Andouille Sausage
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- Chicken Stock (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- Salt to taste
- Add beans, and seasoning to slow cooker and cover with enough chicken stock to leave an inch of liquid above the beans.
- Sauté bell pepper and onions and add to slow cooker. If you don’t have the time, you can add all ingredients at once to slow cooker.*
- Cook for 3 hours on high.
- Add butter and thicken with 2 tbsp. corn starch and 2 tbsp. liquid from slow cooker or water.
- Brown sausage and add to slow cooker.*
- Cook for an additional hour on high, or drop the temperature to low to cook longer.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over rice or corn bread.
Enjoy, and I’ll see you at the dinner table! 😎